Terms & Conditions
Business Terms & Conditions
1. These terms and conditions explain our services to You as our client and your obligations to Us (Loan Spotter). You should expect them to take precedence over any other documents, conversations or course of dealings and represent the understanding between You and Us. Ordinarily they need to be varied with our written agreement signed by a director. You need to read these terms carefully since they apply as soon as we send them to You. They also appear on our website www.Loan-Spotter.co.uk. We cannot accept responsibility for You failing to read them.
2. We provide a variety of services by phone, internet, mail and other means. These may include acting as a loan and finance broker; insurance introducer*; introducer to debt and property possession adjusters/advisers, utility switching agents, compensation advisers, prepayment card and bank account providers, equity release arrangers and credit reference advisers. We are not responsible for tax or legal advice regarding the services and You must rely on your own expert advisers in those fields. By asking Us to provide You with services You authorise Us and any associate companies to act on Your behalf. [*this means introducer appointed representative for noninvestment insurance contracts]
3. When You ask Us, orally or in writing, to provide You with a service, You agree to abide by these terms. We acknowledge your instructions expressly or by acting upon them. You can only withdraw or vary your instructions with our consent. We treat You as our Client. We accept no liability or obligation to any third party whether or not You may be acting as their agent, fiduciary or intermediary. Even if You disclose their identity to Us and You are acting in such a capacity, your obligations to Us remain unaffected. We are entitled to act on any oral or written instructions We receive from You or anyone We believe is authorised by You to give them.
4. When acting as a loan or finance broker we seek to get a lender or financier to offer You a loan or finance. We act as your broker for 3 months in order to maximise your chances of getting a lender or financier to make You a loan or finance offer. We seek to match your loan or finance application with one or more of the lenders or financiers we deal with. We do not act on behalf of the lenders or financiers or represent them. For your protection we require the documentation covering any loan or finance agreement to meet statutory and regulatory safeguards laid down by the Consumer Credit Acts 1974 and 2006. If You would like to know more about the protections and remedies provided under those Acts please contact your local Trading Standards Department or The Citizens Advice Bureau.
5. We do not offer loans or finance. The lenders or financiers decide whether to approve loan or finance applications, how much to lend or finance, at what interest rate, on which terms and on what evidence of ability to repay. Where We give examples they are only illustrations. We do not warrant that examples are the actual rates and amounts because the lenders or financiers decide whether to give approval for any loan or finance and on what terms according to your specific circumstances.
6. Unless You inform Us differently, You agree to Us using telephone, email, SMS, fax and/or post to contact You to discuss products and services without having first been expressly invited to do so. This will override any registrations You may have with any preference services. To communicate in writing We may use the last postal address You give Us. Please note that to improve our service we can monitor and record any telephone conversations with You for security, training and evidential purposes.
7. In trying to get You a loan or finance, make decisions about them, manage your accounts, utilities, premiums, debts or provide any other services, We or associate companies (including lenders and financiers) may use credit scoring or other automated systems to assess your application, make decisions and verify your identity. These systems include searching your records with credit reference agencies, employers, fraud and money laundering prevention agencies and the electoral register as well as providing them with information. These agencies can add your details to their records for other organisations to do searches. Where there are joint clients, both records are processed by the agencies and a link between You can be created.
8. To help our fraud prevention and data protection strategy, You agree to Us and our associate companies, credit reference agencies and selected third parties processing and using personal data (whether provided electronically, in writing or orally) You give Us. You agree to Us using the data to advise You of other products and services unless You notify Us to the contrary. The information You give Us must be true and accurate. You warrant and undertake to comply with legal and regulatory disclosure requirements so that We can comply with our obligations. If You provide Us with false or inaccurate information and/or we suspect fraud We may notify agencies which would have a detrimental impact on your credit records. In the event that You provide Us with inaccurate or misleading information, We reserve the right to reclaim any losses incurred by Us in performing the service to You.
9. If You authorise anyone else to give Us instructions, any action We take on their instructions will be binding on You. If there are joint applicants each has authority to deal with Us for the other. Notice to one is notice to both. We can require joint instructions. If instructions from different joint applicants are inconsistent, We can choose to take no action until We receive satisfactory instructions. To withdraw any authority You must notify Us in writing.
10. We charge a fee for providing the service of acting as a finance broker. We specify the fee as part of our communications with You. If You do not enter into a loan offered by a lender or financier within 60 days we act for You we will refund the fee less the £5 brokerage fee provided for by the Consumer Credit Act 1974. Refunds must be requested in writing to avoid repayments being sent to a wrong address. To facilitate Us processing payments and repayments You authorise Us to retain your charge, credit and debit card details. If a lender or financier makes You a loan or finance offer, in addition to the fee We may also receive a variable commission from the lender or financier (more detail is available on request) and You agree that We may retain it.
11. If We provide services other than acting as a loan or finance broker, We shall be entitled to charge a fee for those services.
12. Under Financial Services (Distance Marketing) Regulations 2004 you have a right to cancel your application within 14 days of receiving these terms and conditions and receive a refund. If You wish to cancel your application, You must write to Loan Spotter UK notifying us. In this event We will refund your fee within 30 days of the date on which You write to Us to cancel your application. Any such requests should be made to: Customer Service Department, Loanspotter 272 Bath Street, Glasgow, G2 4JR.
13. We shall not be liable for any breach of obligation to You by any bank, counterparty, intermediary or other third party with whom You do business. You will be liable for any loss You suffer as a consequence of You providing inaccurate information. If there is any partial nonperformance of our obligations, provided We have made reasonable endeavours to perform them You must give us full credit for doing so. We will incur no liability for any loss arising from nonperformance by Us which is caused by something beyond our reasonable control including changes in the law or regulations affecting how We normally operate.
14. In the event that any of these terms (each of which is severable) is for any reason illegal, invalid or unenforceable, such provision is to be deemed modified sufficiently to render it enforceable, legal and valid and of similar effect as We intended. Apart from provisions expressly covering associate companies, nothing in these terms is enforceable by anyone who is not a party to them.
Marketing and Market Research
We may contact You about services or products offered by Us or other companies We approve which We believe You may be interested in or to carry out market research about our services or products or those of other companies. We may also pass on information to other companies approved by Us so that they may contact You about services or products which they believe You may be interested in. Contact for these purposes may be by post, email, SMS or by other means. This will override any registrations You may have with any preference services. To determine which services or products You might be interested in, You agree that We may analyse information about You and your conduct including your payment record.
Terms and Conditions of use and access to Loan Spotter website
The use of the Loan Spotter UK Website is subject to the terms and conditions set out below. Please take a moment to read these terms and conditions carefully. By using or accessing any of the Loan Spotter UK Website, you agree to be bound by the following terms and conditions.
The copyright and material on this website is owned by Loan Spotter UK and is protected by the copyright laws of the United Kingdom . The material on this website may only be used by those who access it from the United Kingdom and such users will be entitled to copy any such information for their own personal use but may not republish, store or reproduce any such information in any manner, including but not limited to electronic reproduction, without the prior written consent of Loan Spotter UK. Any unauthorised downloading, retransmission, or other copying or modification of any of the contents of this website may be in breach of statutory or common law rights which could be the subject of legal action. Loan Spotter UK disclaims all liability which may result from any unauthorised reproduction or use of the information on this website.
Loan Spotter UK shall not be liable for any direct or indirect, special, incidental or consequential damages, including the loss of profits, business revenue or goodwill arising from the use or access of or inability to use or access, interruption or availability of this website, its operation or transmission, computer viruses, loss of data or otherwise in respect of its use.
Any exclusions or limitations or restrictions of liability contained in these terms and conditions of use and access of this website shall be subject to the qualification that nothing contained in any such exclusion or limitations or restrictions of liability shall operate to exclude or restrict any duty or liability of Loan Spotter UK to any person which it has under the Financial Services and Markets Act 2000 or its amendments.
The information, materials and functions contained in this website including text, graphics, links or other items are provided on an \"as is\" basis excluding any warranty whatsoever, express or implied, including but not limited to warranties of satisfactory quality, fitness for a particular purpose or freedom from computer viruses. Loan Spotter UK excludes any liability for any errors in or omissions from information, materials and functions included in this website or any third party Websites linked to or from this website.
This website is intended to be accessed only by persons located in the UK and Loan Spotter UK makes no representation that any information, materials or functions included in this website are appropriate for use in any other jurisdiction. However, if you are unsure whether the products and services referred to on this website are available to you, please write to us at:
Loanspotter 272 Bath Street, Glasgow, G2 4JR.
As the Internet is not a secure medium of communication, Loan Spotter UK cannot guarantee the security of any information you input on this website or send to us on the Internet. Loan Spotter UK is not, and will not be, responsible for any damages you or others may suffer as a result of the loss of confidentiality of any such information.
To minimise the possible risks associated with the provision of personal data, every on-line application on this website is encrypted using 256-bit encryption - the latest and most powerful encryption technology available. This ensures information is virtually impossible for anyone else to read unless they have the \'key\' or password. A secure communications link, called a Secure Socket Layer (SSL), encrypts all the information passed between your browser and Loan Spotter UKK online applications.
By agreeing to these terms and conditions we may contact you about services or products offered by us or other companies in our group or approved by us which we believe you may be interested in, or to carry out market research about our services or products or those of third parties. We may also pass information to other companies approved by us so that they may contact you about services or products which they believe you may be interested in.
Contact for these purposes may be by post, email, SMS or by other means as we may agree with you from time to time. This will override any registrations you may have with any preference services.
If you do not wish to receive on-going contact from us please send a request in writing to :
Loanspotter 272 Bath Street, Glasgow, G2 4JR.
The provision by Loan Spotter UK of a link to another Website does not constitute any authorisation by Loan Spotter UK to the user to access material held at that location, nor is it evidence of any endorsement by Loan Spotter UK of the material held there. Loan Spotter UK accepts no responsibility or liability for the privacy of your personal information on such Websites, as these are beyond our control. Loan Spotter UK will accept no responsibility or liability in respect of any materials on any Website which is not under its control.
This website has been extensively tested and should work properly at all times. However, if you experience a problem at any time, please return to the homepage and try again. If the problem persists you can contact us by following the link on the \'Contact Us\' page.
In the event any provision of these terms and conditions of use and access to this website is held unenforceable, it will not affect the validity and enforceability of the remaining provisions and will be replaced by an enforceable provision that comes the closest to the intention underlying the unenforceable provision.
Information provided in this website is believed to be reliable when posted. However, Loan Spotter UK cannot guarantee that information will be accurate, complete and current at all times. All information on this website is subject to modification from time to time without notice.
The terms and conditions of use of this website shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of England and Wales.